I have been making chia jams for quite some time, with both sugar and honey. This recipe is for organic mixed frozen berries pack and organic honey. This jam is easy to make, it goes nicely with yogurt and on toasts, it can also be used as a sauce for any deserts. Consistency of the jam can be easily adjusted by changing either water or chia seeds quantities in the recipe. Cooking time for this jam is very short. It can be stored refrigerated for several weeks.
- 550 g (whole package) organic mixed berries (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries)
- 200 g organic honey
- 150 ml water
- 30 g white chia seeds, 3 table spoons
- 1-2-3 table spoons fresh/frozen lemon juice, depending how tart berries are
- place frozen berries, lemon juice and honey in a deep saucepan, add water
- cook on medium heat until boiling point
- cook on low heat for 10 min
- use stick blender to reduce the size of large strawberries in the mix, if you want fine texture, blend until completely homogenised
- add chia seeds and continue cooking for 5-7 min
- check the taste of the jam, add lemon juice or honey to your taste if necessary
- pour hot jam into clean and dry glass jars, cover jars with lids when jam is still hot
- refrigerate after jars cooled down
I am looking now for organic raspberries to try them with honey. It will be interesting to make chia jams with fresh berries when they are in season and organic selection is better.